Everyone's getting sick. It's that time of year. Colds and sniffles are passed around like party favours, like we're a bunch of toddlers who forget how viruses work. So where our immune systems aren't always up to scratch, we go out when we know we should stay in or simply just not taking care of ourselves - we search in hopes of other ways to get us back on track.
Now, medicine's great. Big fan. But being an old soul through and through and after a few rotten experiences with antibiotics and the such, I also like to keep a check on the amount I put in my body, so where I can, I use natures way to help bring me back up to speed.
This tonic is a gem, but the taste will take some getting used to. I quite enjoy it now, like a savoury hot drink. It doesn't need a long winding introduction, because it works and there's not much else to say other than that. You'll get used to it. More importantly, it's packed full of goodies to blast your immune system.
Garlic is INSANE for your body, especially raw, so if you're really up for the challenge, try raw garlic tea. For both you can add honey, if you eat it, and coconut oil, though I'd personally recommend avoiding coconut oil right before bed, due to it's mentally stimulating properties.
GET WELL SOONER COLD TONIC
2 Lemons (unwaxed, incl. peel)
1 Bulb Garlic - Crush all cloves
4 Fingers of Ginger
4 Teaspoons Turmeric
1 Teaspoon Honey
1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Chop all main ingredients, discard onion and garlic skins but keep lemon rinds.
- Place into a min. 4 pints of water in a sauce pan to simmer for 2 hours.
- Liquid will become slightly syrupy over the time. Stir and serve in mugs.
- Add honey and/or coconut oil before serving if desired, but not while liquid is on the boil, as this ruins their properties.
- Top up water as needed and drink over 24 hours, keep simmering.
You may also like to try:
RAW GARLIC TEA
Exactly what it sounds like.
- Pour boiling hot water and FINELY chopped fresh garlic cloves (2-3) in to a mug, then place a small lid or plate over the top.
- Allow to brew for approx. 5-8 minutes, till it's still warm but cool enough to drink.
- Down in one, soldier. All of it.
Tip: It actually helps to hold your nose, garlic breath actually comes from the garlic smell getting into your lungs so holding your breath while drinking can help a little.
Enjoy, and hope you feel better soon!